Monday, April 12, 2010

There's still kind people out there!

Right before I put Boston to bed tonight I realized I am out of contact solution. Rob is at school until 10pm and I didn't want him to have to make a stop at the store on the way home. So I decided to run to Walmart really quick to get some.

Sidenote: Be looking for me and Boston on the "People of Walmart" website cuz we were looking bad! I was in a mismatched hoodie and sweats, my hair was a nasty mess, and no makeup. And Boston was in a onesie, sweats, and no socks or shoes! Poor kid. The funny thing is I wanted to go to Costco but felt way too ghetto to go there!!

Anyways, I get to Walmart. On my way in, I'm trying to juggle Boston, his monkey, his blanket, my phone, and my wallet all the while Boston is squirming trying to get down. It's pretty windy outside and right as I get to the door I drop my wallet. It busts open and all of my receipts go everywhere and start blowing away. Normally I could care less but I need those receipts to get reimbursed for stuff Rob and I bought for our callings(about $100 total). I tried to catch them but they were moving quick. As soon as I would get close, another gust of wind would come and they were long gone. I couldn't move very fast with a 27 pound kid on my hip and couldn't put him down cuz he wasn't wearing shoes-i knew I would regret that decision.

K I just had a good laugh right now imagining how silly I looked chasing my receipts! ha ha

So I give up and go into Walmart and get my stuff and check out while getting pretty upset about throwing away $100. As I'm walking out past the greeter he stops me and hands me my 6 receipts that blew away! He told me that someone saw me chasing them and when I gave up, they decided to go gather them up for me. Seriously?! Some stranger went and chased down all 6 of my scattered receipts? How kind is that?! I guess there are still some really good, kind people out there :) Thank you stranger!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

wow! that is so kind! a very different experience than that lady at "foocidy"!!!

The Kynastons said...

Hey Kayla! I saw your blog on Shannonʻs and decided to take a look...I guess that makes me a blog stalker...hope you donʻt mind :) Anyway, that story is amazing! Iʻm glad that for all the crazies and mean people out there that there are also some truly kind people, too.

Boston is SO dang cute! I loved looking at your pictures!